Savvy? if you say so...

Me SAVVY???

1.
to know; understand.
–noun
2.
Also, sav·vi·ness. practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense: a candidate who seemed to have no political savvy.
–adjective
3.
shrewdly informed; experienced and well-informed; canny.


Sunday 20 June 2010

Its Official!

Im a housewife! Its 2010 and im a 28 year old housewife - what does a being a housewife entail in this modern day?
- A married woman who manages her own household, esp. As her principal occupation
Well that sounds easy enough... although forfeiting a full time salary to manage on just £124.88 per week for 9 months isnt!
So on this Sunday evening I sit in my garden brainstorming how ill get through the next 9 months with no "real" salary.
I started my preparation for this journey a few weeks back reading through hundreds of forums on how others manage pickign up hints and tips along the way - which ill share with you.
First let me tell you a little about myself.... im 36 weeks pregnant with my second child who is due on 20th July 2010 (therefore the reason for the "holiday" from working - holiday my ass!)
So its my mission to manage the house, with 2 children - Im SOOOOO excited for the challenge!

Tip 1)
Write out a weekly food planner - STICK TO IT! Dont shop when you are hungry and be prepared to travel to different shops for a bargain!
E.g- bread in Farmfoods is 2 loafs for £1.50 whereas the main supermarkets charge nearly that for 1 loaf!

Im heading off now to check my freezer as im sure I already have a weeks worth of food sitting there...

Let me know your tips for saving cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment